Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4th Weekend

We had a busy weekend planned, but the second half the weekend was ruined by a wretched virus Michael caught. Friday and Saturday were great. One of my bff's got married, so Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. The dinner was at a mexican restaurant and to our surprise it was karaoke night... definitely made for some interesting dinner music! Just imagine being in smallish/slightly rural / slightly red neck town... yeah you get the picture. Saturday was the wedding and everything went perfectly! The bride was beautiful and we had a lot fun! Unfortunately, I have no pictures on my camera because one, Michael hates taking pictures and two, I was in the wedding so that was defintely not a priority. I'll have to steal some pictures from my Mom and post them.

Sunday we had plans to go to my parents and hang out at the pool and then head over to Michael's family for a big party they were having complete with roman candle wars. Sadly, like I said, M ended up with a horrible virus and it got worse as the day went on. So our 4th was a disappointment, but that's okay- so goes life. My Mom said "just wait until you have kids, you'll miss all kinds of holidays!" Haha true! M and I both had Monday off and he was still feeling a little out of it. For the past month we've been car shopping for me. I was driving a 1990 (yes that's correct) Honda Accord and I was working on my 3rd summer with AC. <-- Not fun when you live in Georgia and you sit in traffic for 1-1.5 hours a day. We weren't having much luck, but Monday M found a car and we went to the dealership to test drive it and 3.5 hours later left with a new car! Okay, not brand new, but new to me. Here is my new ride:

Not the best picture, I snapped it with my iPhone right after when we went to dinner with my parents. It a 2008 Ford Fusion and I love it! Seems like we got it right in time... the high tomorrow is 100° !!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! [even though I'm slightly bitter that we didn't get to celebrate :) ]

1 comment:

  1. YAY new car!! Can't wait to see it in person! It's pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete