Did you know that March is National Craft Month?! I didn't either until my weekly email from Joann told me :) So, gather up your coupons and get to crafting! I have a few ideas in mind, but if you have any fun ideas to share let me know!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
I made a few decorations to make our apartment pretty. Vicky over at Adventures in Domestication showed me this cute wreath and we both tried it out. It took much longer than I thought it would and trying to shape the hanger almost drove me crazy haha. Oh well it turned out pretty cute although its lost its shape some since it has been hanging for awhile.
It didn't have a backing just some fabric stapled in. I knew immediately I could paint it and make it cute. I later found out its a custom size from Hobby Lobby and a really random size. I found this free printable and knew I had to use it. This is how it ended up...
I took out the yellow fabric (even though it was kind of cute, I didn't know where it had been- yuck!) and replaced it with some burlap that i had.
Now I need to find a spring wreath and some bright and fun decorations because I'm ready to craft!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
I didn't skip planning for week 4- I just never got around to posting it. So here's week 5.
Monday: My birthday- we got BBQ and ate at home and watched the end of season 8 of 24
Tuesday: Chicken and Mozzarella ravioli with sundried tomato alfredo sauce, asparagus
Wednesday: Pot roast, mashed potatoes, asparagus
Friday: Chicken squares
When I make crockpot meals I usually get up a little earlier to get it together. However, this morning, I ran out of time and didn't have time to start the pot roast so I emailed Mike directions and he did it for me. It was delish! He did a great job :) And for Valentines Day he made filet with a marsala sauce, fresh green beans and yummy breaad. He also bought me a nice bottle of wine :) Love him!
Time to start planning next weeks meals!
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
I'm bored and my brain isn't functioning enough to formulate a real post so here are my thoughts in bullets:
- We got a light dusting of snow last night. Glad that's all it was- I'm over winter.
- I'm kind of obsessed with The Office right now. Mike and I have been watching it instant on Netflix every night. Love it.
- I saw bathing suits out at Target yesterday...yikes!
- Speaking of bathing suits, I've been doing a lot of ab exercises and my stomach has been soo sore! Clearly out.of.shape.
- We have friends coming to stay with us this weekend and I'm super excited! However, the switch on our vacuum is broken and I can't vacuum before they come! [and I'm sure they couldn't care less, but I care]
- I made a few Valentine's decorations and they took way more work that I anticipated, but I'll take some pics and post later.
- Girls Night next week- really excited! It's been awhile.
- I turn 25 in ten days... yuck.
- I love my husband. A lot. He keeps me laughing a majority of the time.
That is all, have a great Thursday!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
I'm such a slacker in the posting department, but I did meal plan on Sunday for this week.
Monday: Fajitas and rice
Tuesday: Meatball Subs, tots, and carrots
Wednesday: Chicken Tacos
Saturday: On the Border - yumm
I didn't plan for this weekend because we have friends coming in town, but we already decided we're eating at On the Border, ha!