Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Monday, October 31, 2011
- I started my new (old) job in May back at the radio station I worked at in college and I absolutely love it- not that I ever thought that I wouldn't.
- We moved to Atlanta and I now drive 1.8 miles to work- as opposed to the 23 I was driving. Never thought I would love living in the city, but I do!
- Mike started school at Georgia Tech and well I would like to say he enjoys it, but it's insanely hard so not sure if that counts as fun. But having a football team is definitely fun!
- We're both really busy which has been an adjustment, but its working out and we make time to have fun.
- We now live in a town house, which has its pros and cons. Its old so it was/is interesting at times, but we have a great outdoor space (rare in the city) and we live next door to this girl so you can't ask for a better neighbor. She lets me use her dryer (until we get one, hopefully Wednesday) and she gives Mike extra cake pops- and he truly appreciates her for that :)
- The fun part about living in a town house is that it actually feels more like a home and I can do some fun decorating. Slow progress, but it gives me something to do while Mike is studying.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Monday, March 21, 2011
Friday, March 4, 2011
Monday, February 28, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
- We got a light dusting of snow last night. Glad that's all it was- I'm over winter.
- I'm kind of obsessed with The Office right now. Mike and I have been watching it instant on Netflix every night. Love it.
- I saw bathing suits out at Target yesterday...yikes!
- Speaking of bathing suits, I've been doing a lot of ab exercises and my stomach has been soo sore! Clearly out.of.shape.
- We have friends coming to stay with us this weekend and I'm super excited! However, the switch on our vacuum is broken and I can't vacuum before they come! [and I'm sure they couldn't care less, but I care]
- I made a few Valentine's decorations and they took way more work that I anticipated, but I'll take some pics and post later.
- Girls Night next week- really excited! It's been awhile.
- I turn 25 in ten days... yuck.
- I love my husband. A lot. He keeps me laughing a majority of the time.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Monday, January 31, 2011
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
Monday: Burgers and bruschetta salad [so good and easy! I'll post the recipe soon]
Tuesday:Spicy Chicken Joes [from my new slow cooker cookbook] and tator tots. "Give me some of your tots!"
Wednesday: Tilapia, balsamic thyme roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, and brown rice
Thursday: We're going out to dinner with our small group
Saturday: We have a wedding to go to
Sunday: leftovers or something random we have
My grocery list was so short this week, it was nice. I try to meal plan around food we already have so I didn't need to buy a lot this week. Happy eating :)
Thursday, January 20, 2011
1. Run a marathon
I have wanted to run a marathon since my senior year of high school when I ran cross country and my first half. And then I got lazy. I ran on and off through college and the same since. I ran a half in October 2009, but then had surgery again a few months after that. I got back in to working out and running a little and then this fall got mono. What the heck?! So I'm done with the excuses and I'm gonna do it. I think I need to register for a race so I have more motivation ha!
I'm going to read HP7 again first, but I need book suggestions please!
5. Get and stay organized: All of my goals lead to one thing- organization. I need to use my time better in the evenings and on the weekends to get all of this done. Maybe I need a planner? I still have my planner from my senior year of college and sometimes I look at it to remind myself when I think I'm busy, I will probably not have that much on my plate until I have kids haha! I had 5 classes, I was a resident assistant [full-time, all the time with crazy college kids for 3 yrs], I interned/worked for a radio station [office hours plus events at night or on the weekends], I served at a restaurant, and I had a fiancé stationed on the other side of the world [14 hours ahead of my time]. Oh and I started planning our wedding.
Needless to say I think I can handle of all this :) Better get started!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Back in the fall we decided to meet up with some friends over the winter break. These are friends that Mike was stationed with Okinawa and we hadn't seen them in a year or two. One of the couples lives in Arizona and we decided to head there since it would probably be the warmest [compared to Georgia, Ohio, and Albuquerque]. We left two days after Christmas and we spent a week there. Much to our surprise we got about 10 inches of snow dumped on us the 2nd day we were there [3 weeks prior it was in the 70s and 80s]. Joy. Oh well, it was pretty and probably the most snow we'd ever seen. We played in it some and attempted to sled with a card board box haha! Here are a few pics:
NYE: Mike and I