Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lately

Well, surgery went well I suppose. I ended up having a 15cm dermoid cyst on one ovary and a liquid filled cyst that was 470 cc's (I think they said a liter). They removed the dermoid and the ovary and drained the other one. No wonder I couldn't fit into any of my clothes! All the nurses kept telling me I was going to be skinny...haha they weren't kidding! Now I don't have to beat myself up about the "weight" I was gaining. Recovery wasn't bad at all... the worst part was the air they fill you with. It feels like bad heart burn and I couldn't lay all the way down. The other down side to the 4 week recovery is no physical activity and no pool. Bummer!

My sister, Heather, is getting married this weekend so the past few weeks has been filled with wedding stuff. She had a regular bridal shower and this past weekend all of the bridesmaids threw her a lingerie shower. The best part? It was 80s themed! Everything turned out awesome. We did some research on popular food and drinks- we had a ton of food, sex on the beach (the drink of course), jello shots, kool aid, pop rocks, ring pops and other 80s candy. I pulled out the boom box and of course all the 80s music! Here are some pictures of both showers.
All of the bridesmaids - Heather's wedding dress was the best!





L to R: My oldest sister Ashley, my cousin Angela - yeah that's her prom dress that she still fits into! Heather, me, and my Mama


The bridal shower: same as above just add my Aunt in the middle!

I can't wait for her wedding this weekend, we just need to pray for no rain because it's outside!


Last Wednesday was Mike's birthday... the big 23! We went to Waffle House for breakfast and hung out most of the day. We went to The Real Chow Baby for dinner, yum! But before we left he enjoyed an ice cold Sam Adams in the glasses I got for him.

We were so busy devouring food at the restaurant we forgot to take a picture until we got home.

Okay time for dinner!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for the Sam Adams glasses!!! We totally bought a whole bunch from the brewery while we were there. Also, we sent out pictures to all the breweries that we included on our table and Sam Adams sent us t-shirts, coasters, and keychain bottle openers (not nearly as cool as the Groom's Club).

    Glad to hear you're already doing so much better. We've been praying for you. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete