Thursday, September 10, 2009

Out of shape!

That's pretty much it. I've never been this out of shape in my life. Surgery really takes it out of you. We're supposed to be running that half marathon still in Oct...however I may be crawling over the finish line. I've been really motivated to get back in shape and eat well the past couple of weeks. I'm determined to keep running because I love it, well I love it when I'm not panting up a hill wanting to cry. I decided that I needed to have more short term goals: not just I want to run a marathon. I decided this half will just be for fun, ya know since I'll probably be the last one to finish. Then from there I'll get myself back into the routine of running everyday and then work my miles up from there. But NO, someone else has different plans for me. I had to go back in for an ultrasound today to check on my one lone ovary and guess what? Yep the cyst filled back up. So back under the knife I go. Only this time it won't be a laparoscopy. She will have to make a larger incision in order to keep the ovary intact. AWESOME. It's a 4-6 week recovery and more invasive surgery so I'll be even more tired. The only good part is that she said I can wait until the beginning of the year to have surgery. If that constitutes as good. This turned into a pity party, I apologize.

Today after work I met a friend who I have not seen in almost a year. It's horrible we went this long with out hanging out, but it was great to sit and catch up!

Labor day weekend M, my parents and I drove up to Indianapolis to visit my grandparents. My Grandma has cancer and isn't doing so well and I haven't seen her since our wedding. It was sad to see her like, but I'm glad we got to spend time with them. Saturday we helped my Grandpa do yard work (the weather was awesome) and then M and I went to the Indians (minor league) game with my cousins. M had never seen Indianapolis so they took us to see the new Lucas Oil Stadium and then we walked to a place called Scottys to eat and have a few beers. Sunday we hung around with my grandparents then that night we went to my aunt and uncles and all the family came over and sat around the fire pit (yes it was cold enough to sit by the fire) and had smores, yum! My mom stayed up there for the week so I rode home with just my Dad and M... two men that don't talk very much= a boring ride home. And I finished Breaking Dawn on the way up so I had nothing to do! It was a great weekend, but I cannot wait for this weekend. It's the first weekend probably all summer that we have nothing to do! M has a lot of school work, but I plan on finally getting everything hung on the walls and watching football on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Duuuude...are you kidding me? I didn't know cysts could just fill back up. That's the worst. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you.

    Glad you got to see your grandmother, though. And that you finished Breaking Dawn. Not that those two things are even in the same category, but you know, two really awesome things nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete