Friday, October 23, 2009

Cooler weather means yummy soups

One thing I do enjoy about cold weather is warm comfort food. Although Georgia never makes up its mind on whether it wants to be cold or hot, I'm still craving some delish soup. Tuesday night I was babysitting some of my favorite kiddos and she had me make them Tortellini Soup. It was seriously the easiest recipe ever, but so good. So, I thought I would share.

Tortellini Soup:

1- 9 oz package of cheese tortellini (or veggie or pesto)
5- cups of Vegetable broth (her recipe called for chicken broth)
1- can diced tomatoes
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2- tablespoons of butter
Spices of choice (I used basil and oregano)

In a stock pot melt butter and saute garlic for a few minutes. Add broth, tomatoes and spices. Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Cook until tortellini is done (according to package directions). Serve (with some yummy homemade bread).

I think next time I make it I will add some mushrooms just to add a little more substance, but really it was so good without them.

Tonight, however, I am making this deliciousness. We are having a laid back night at home. I'm pretty sure I am getting sick (thanks to all the people who come to work sick) and we just wanted to hang out. Tomorrow it's football, homework (for M), some cleaning and hitting up the gym. I'm going to hit up the bike tomorrow instead of running so as to not pound my knee on the pavement for a day. Sunday we're going to the pumpkin patch and a corn maize with some friends and then carving our pumpkins! Last year we got pumpkins, but never carved them so this year will be our first.

1 comment: