Tuesday, May 25, 2010

TV

Series endings seems to be the popular topic as of late so I figured I'd join in and give my two cents. Warning: Possible Spoiler Alert.



LOST: I started watching Lost 4 years ago, I think (Alison is that right?). Our friends Alison and Ricky got some of us watching it the summer they got married. (When Mike moved back to the states and we got married I basically forced him to start at the beginning and catch up -we had friends over every week to watch it). Since then I have been a devoted follower and the writers didn't dissapoint. This season, however, I wasn't as thrilled with. Some episodes were great, some were eh. Sunday night we had our friends over for the finale. I wasn't thrilled with it, but I must say they did a great job of appealing to their female viewers haha! I wanted to know a little more about the island, but I do like that they ended it with everyone back together. Now that I've had time to think about it more I guess it makes some sense. Maybe they left it a little open ended for people to come up with their own conclusions - just another reason why the show was so great. I mean look at the hype and web sites its generated with people vehemently discussing, week after week, all of the possibilities of the island and what in the heck was going on. Over all, fabulous series.



The Pacific: This is the spin off of Band of Brothers - only it follows 3 Marines in The Pacific (clearly). My husband was a Marine stationed in the Pacific and my Grandpa island hopped through out WW2, so this series held a speical place with us. It was definitely quite different from BOB, but we expected that since character development wouldn't be the same - so many people died that they couldn't follow a whole company like they did with Easy Company. Anyway, great series check it out if you haven't already.



24: Mike and I are big fans, however we didn't watch this season. He had a class on Monday nights so we were going to watch it online, but life is busy ha! Season 4 was the best, but we own every season so when this one comes out on DVD we'll buy and watch it. Thanks so someone's status update last night on Facebook the ending was ruined, but I guess I shouldn't have expected to make it until December (usually when the season comes out on dvd) without hearing something.

American Idol: I missed last week (because we were camping - post on that later) but I was glad to hear that the final 2 are my favs: Lee and Crystal. Finale tonight and tomorrow night! Crystal has been my fav from the beginning, but I will be okay with either of them winning.

Burn Notice: It's not ending, actually it starts next month. We have recently borrowed the first season, and now the second, from a friend and we love it! We started the second season last night and watched 3 episodes in a row. Not sure why I'm a little obsessed, but it may have to do with Michael Westen's character - hilarious (or at least to me).

We talked about cancelling our cable now that Lost and The Pacific are over. Gasp, I know. But it will save us money and during the summer we really don't watch much. We also have netflix so we're usually watching a movie anyway. Although I will miss Kendra and the Kardashians... another post for another day.

3 comments:

  1. It was also Dancing With the Stars finale last night, which Cody & I love, and I hate to say it: I'm glad Nicole Scherzinger won.

    We just got cable, but it's because our 12 month cheap cable price was nixed. So we got another deal and it included regular cable. We usually just have the basics and our NetFlix. Do you guys instant stream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only watched a couple of episodes of DWTS, I forgot it was the finale too!

    We have a really good deal for our cable including HD and HBO, but we really want something to stream our netflix. I think when we cancel cable we'll just use that money to buy whatever Mike is wanting to get to stream it. He's only been begging for about a year now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the XBox is perfect for streaming. Their interface is glorious! Even I can use it. It's crapped out on us a few times, though, so that sucks. He should totally talk to Cody first about XBox and Chris about the PS3 so he can get a good idea which one would be better. Although, if he got an XBox, he & Cody could play online together. :)

    When we all end up living in California (yeah, I'm totally all about this idea...), we can just watch finales together.

    ReplyDelete